The City glad that fishing vessel was removed
19 May 2012
The City of Cape Town is very pleased that the Japanese fishing vessel which ran aground last week off First Beach in Clifton has been removed.
The City of Cape Town’s disaster risk management’s spokesperson Wilfred Solomons-Johannes said after a week of attempts to free the vessel, it was finally freed.
He added that on Friday afternoon the salvage was finally successful.
The vessel was docked late Friday evening.
Solomons-Johannes said that this morning the South African Maritime Authorities will conduct an inspection to see if they vessel sustained any damages.