Friday, January 17, 2014

SA Human Rights Commission launches investigation in Brits

Lusanda Bill
17 January 2014

The South African Human Rights Commission has decided to launch its own investigation into the causes of the protest in relation to the provision of water in Mothutlung, Brits in the North West. 

The commission has also expressed its concern of continued use of force by the police following the killing of three people in the area allegedly by police. 

SA Human Rights Commission Spokesperson Isaac Mangena said just three weeks ago the commission issued a report on the failure of the Madibeng Local Municipality which also covers Mothutlung where the violence occurred. 

Mangena said this follows a complaint received in March last year from Klipgat C residents who did not have water supply and we found against the Madibeng Local Municipality, that it failed in its duties to provide water and sanitation. 

“We have recommended that the municipality put interim measures in place that should be linked to the long term provision of water” Mangena added.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Ilmainen www-laskuri