Friday, July 10, 2015

ANC calling for more assistant for families of Osi Place tragedy

Lusanda Bill
10 July 2015

 The African National Congress in the Western Cape has called for more support for the families that lost children in the Osi Place tragedy in Makaza, Khayelitsha.

Eight people some underage died after a steel staircase gave way last week Sunday. The tavern has been closed and its liquor license has been temporarily revoked.

ANC’s Marius Fransman said we have met with the Khayelitsha development forum leadership and they have indicated their concern that both the city and the province are not forthcoming as government for any real assistance.

Fransman said it is a real concern to us because when the affluent is being hit by fires in Tokai then the Premier is quick to respond.

“Poor people are now suffering and we are struggling to make end meets on behalf of them. So the ANC has called on its branches and the good will of SMME’s to contact the KDF and try and find a way of contributing to these respective families” Fransman added.



Post a Comment

<< Home

Ilmainen www-laskuri