Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Zuma not to comment on rape allegations

Former deputy president Jacob Zuma will make no further comment on rape allegations against him before a decision on whether to prosecute him has been made. Yesterday, Zuma confirmed he was facing rape allegations. His lawyer, Michael Hulley, said he had been told authorities needed more time to investigate the rape allegations. Hulley said such an approach was in keeping with the integrity with which the police dealt with the investigation, in contrast with that of some media organisations. Reuters reports that the allegations, first published in newspapers earlier this month and denied by Zuma, laid bare divisions in the ANC and intensified debate on who will succeed President Thabo Mbeki and when.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Ilmainen www-laskuri