Western Cape launches anti-polio drive

By Chanel September
9 October 2006

The Western Cape has launched a campaign to get every child in the province immunised against polio, following the outbreak in Namibia.

The provincial campaign is part of the National Polio Immunisation Campaign, which runs until Saturday.

The campaign is aimed at children under the age of five because they are most susceptible.

Provincial MEC for Health Pierre Uys told the Cape Times that polio is highly infectious mainly affecting young children.

Immunisation teams will visit day care centres, crèches and pre-schools until the weekend.

Comments

Anonymous said…
JUST FOUND YOU. I'M 57 YEARS OLD. I HAD POLIO WHEN I WAS TWO. I'M JUST STARTING A WEB SITE. I DON'T KNOW THAT MUCH ABOUT COMPUTERS YET SO I HAVE A FRIEND THAT'S HELPING. IWORKED IN RADIO FOR ABOUT 30YEARS.
THAT I KNOW. I JUST WANTED TO SAY HELLO. WWW.BOBCHURCH@CFL.RR.COM
WEB SITE (just a little has been done) www.BOBBYCHURCH.COM

Popular Posts