Monday, April 23, 2007

DA says Radebe must stop fooling the public around eNatis

By Odette Ismail
23 April 2007

The DA has come out against Transport Minister Jeff Radebe saying he must desist himself from self-gratification that his new electronic National Traffic information system (eNatis) has problems.

Stuart Farrow of the DA says that reports have shown that after eNatis was given an ‘all clear’ from the minister last week, the system is still not fully operational.

A Tshwane metro police spokesperson Superintendent Alta Fourie is quoted in a statement saying that the system kept shutting down on Thursday. Fourie says that in certain testing and licensing stations, passwords had been reportedly changed without public notice. It is believed that this caused a lot of frustration and anger

Farrow says that the system is to help improve client services, but says this is not happening.

The DA appeals to the minister to properly inform the public about the logistics around the new system. Farrow also says that the success of the implementation of eNatis depends on proper communication between the relevant stakeholders.

1 Comments:

At Tuesday, 24 April, 2007, Blogger Donn Edwards said...

eNaTIS is three years overdue, and was originally supposed to go live in Q2 2004. Its a fiasco, and they won't admit it because they are arrogant and incompetent. In the meantime the general public is inconvenincced and the economy pays the cost.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


Ilmainen www-laskuri