Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Hostage drama suspects appear in court

By Anele Siwa
24 July 2007

Two suspects who were arrested for allegedly kidnapping and holding a 19-year old Rondebosch East man for ransom last week, appeared briefly in the Athlone Magistrate Court on Monday.

Nasir Iqbal, 30 and Nazier Sooban Abrahams, 34 both face charges of extortion, kidnapping and robbery with aggravated circumstances.

According to police, the two suspects stopped the victim and a friend at the intersection of Burnley and Crawford Road, Crawford.“The victim was then threatened at gunpoint and forced into the assailant’s vehicle,” says police spokesperson Randall Stoffels.

“Follow up investigations led detectives to a house in Grassmere Street, Athlone where they found the victim in a bedroom inside the house with his hands tied. The suspects were arrested on the scene,” says Stoffels.

The case was adjourned for bail application and for Abrahams to appoint an attorney.

The case was postponed until Wednesday August, 1.

picture: www.saps.co.za

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Ilmainen www-laskuri