Friday, November 30, 2007

Domestic Workers receive wage increase

By Chanel September
30 November 2007

Domestic workers can expect to spend more, after a wage increase comes into effect as of 1 December.

In a statement released by the South African Labour Guide, domestic workers' wages will increase by 9.3%.

“The increase is based on the CPIX rate of 7.3% and a further 2% making the increase a total of 9.3%,” says SA Labour Guide spokesperson, Jackson Sinonohi.

“If you are paying your employee an amount of R1200, 00 per month then an increase is not legally required,” Sinonohi.

“We welcome the increase in domestic salaries; it’s a commendation to the department of Labour. This is great news to domestic unions who have been campaigning for these increases,” says Cosatu provincial secretary, Tony Ehrenreich.

Salaries for employees working for more than 27 hours a week in urban areas will increase from R1066.83 to R 1166.05 per month.

However employees working in rural areas for 27 hours or more per week are entitled to R946.04 per month.

Tables regulating the wage increase are available on the Labour Guide website at www.laboutguide.gov.za.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Ilmainen www-laskuri