Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Divers continue the search for missing people

By Chanel September
19 February 2008

Police divers have continued the search for three people on Tuesday morning, who are presumed to have drowned in two separate incidents.

NSRI spokesperson Craig Lambinon says that divers are currently engage in two separate search dramas.

“At 18h45, an eye-witness reported 2 people in distress in the surf at Logies Bay on the Cape Town side of Llandudno,” says Lambinon.

On arrival rescue services began a search for the two men eye-witnesses had seen disappear into the sea.

“It appears that three men and a female were on the shore together when two of the men went into the surf and got into difficulties. The third man reportedly went into the surf to try and assist,” says Lambinon.

But on arrival the remaining two men had already disappeared beneath the sea surface.

The rescued man and woman were taken to hospital suffering from hypothermia and shock. They are both in a stable condition.

Meanwhile in a separate incident

A 21-year-old man form Phillipi disappeared beneath the surface of the sea at Pebble Beach.

Both incidents are being investigated by police.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Ilmainen www-laskuri