Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Home Affairs to issue temporary ID s for displaced foreigners

By Yamkela Xhaso
08 July

Home Affairs have announced that foreigners who were displaced by xenophobic violence will be issued with a temporary identification card. These cards will legalise displaced foreigners and be used as an access card for relief camps. Home Affairs spokesperson Siobhan McCarthy said

“ The temporary permits that the department is issuing primarily to provide the people who have been displaced by the xenophobia attacks”

“ This is some form of identification to the shelters and as well as access to humanitarian aid that is been provided’,

“The second purpose is that months ago the minister declared that those who have been displaced will not be deported if they are undocumented, so this permit provide them with some cover and security for the period of six months and so they will have an opportunity to get the relevant documentation”.


Post a Comment

<< Home

Ilmainen www-laskuri