Factory has a gas leak in Cape Town
30 August 2010
A major gas leak has occurred in Cape Town in Wella hair products factory in Epping industria.
Over 100 people had been evacuated from the factory. Five ambulances had to be called to help with the situation.
ER24 paramedics say, "Although most of the patients had minor gas inhalation symptoms and were coughing, a number of patients did lose consciousness and needed specialised medical treatment."
It was reported that three people had fainted, but nobody died.