All three Dewani accused expected to stand trial in August
By Khanyisa Tabata
14 June 2011
The National Prosecuting Authority is confident that two men accused of killing honeymoon tourist Anni Dewani last year, as well as her widower Shrien, suspected of having masterminded the killing, will all be in the same Cape Town dock on the 2nd of August.
Xolile Mngeni, who underwent a brain operation, is expected to be well enough to appear in court in August.
And the NPA says Dewani’s extradition proceedings from Britain should also have been concluded by then. The pair stand accused together with Mziwamadoda Qwabe.
NPA spokesperson Eric Ntabazalila says Mngeni would have recovered by August 2 and would stand trial together with his co-accused.