Thursday, September 22, 2011

Nationwide crackdown on public transport continues

By Khanyisa Tabata
22 September 2011

More than 800 buses and minibus taxis have been taken off the roads since the beginning of the month.

This is after Transport Minister Sibusiso Ndebele called on traffic officials to stop and check all public transport vehicles following a series of horrific road accidents last month.

Department spokesperson Logan Maistry says more than 127-thousand vehicles have been checked so far. He says however that the public needs to assist.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Ilmainen www-laskuri