Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Transport Department says crackdown on drunk drivers bearing fruit

By Khanyisa Tabata
14 September 2011

One year since Transport Minister Sibusiso Ndebele’s announcement of the new National Rolling Enforcement Plan, more than 18-thousand drunk drivers have been arrested and 50-thousand un-roadworthy vehicles have been removed from the country’s roads.

In addition, during the past two weeks just under 72-thousand public transport vehicles were stopped and checked.

He says last month more than 4,000 arrests were effected and 3,429 vehicles discontinued from use.

Yesterday Western Cape Transport MEC Robin Carlisle shut down TJ Motor Vehicle Testing Station, confiscating all the company's records for investigation.
He warns South Africans.

Ndebele says this is just the beginning and has warned motorist to obey road rules or pay the price.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Ilmainen www-laskuri