Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Woman and infant die from carbon monoxide poisoning

Lauren Snyders
26 June 2012

A woman and her infant son died in a carbon monoxide poisoning incident at a construction site in Randhart in Alberton today.

The cause of the poisoning remains uncertain.

Jeffery Wicks from Netcare 911 said that common cause of the information suggests that a couple and their child were sleeping in an informal dwelling.

They were using a fire for warmth.

Wicks said they failed to extinguish the fire properly and it burnt through the night filling the room with carbon monoxide gas.

The family was found by a passer-by this morning.

The woman and infant were declared dead at the scene.

Wicks said her husband was treated and stabilised on the scene and was then taken to hospital for further care.

The man remains in a critical condition.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a comment

<< Home


Ilmainen www-laskuri