Sunday, December 23, 2012

Two die in shack fire


Athenkosi Mvane
23 December 2012

 

Two people died in a shack fire in Khayelitsha while 16 others were left homeless on this morning.

The blaze destroyed four shacks in the Taiwan section of the informal settlement earlier.

City Fire and Rescue Services' Theo Layne said it took more than a dozen fire fighters an hour to extinguish the flames.

Layne said that an adult male and an adult female from the same shack died.

“The cause of the fire is believed to be a candle that had over-turned and ignited one shack which then spread to the other three” he added.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Ilmainen www-laskuri