Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Deaths on the WC roads down by 70%

Lusanda Bill
18 December 2013

The Western Cape MEC of Transport and Public Works Robin Carlisle said passenger deaths in the province has gone down by 70% 

From the 1st to the 16th of December 2013 there have been 66 deaths on our roads compared to the 89 in the same period last year. 

The department said pedestrian deaths remain the leading class of fatalities in the province with 30 deaths so far. 

Ministerial Spokesperson Siphesihle Dube said last year there was a staggering 59 passenger deaths compared to the 18 lives lost this year so far.  Driver deaths are also down by 48% from 27 to 14 this year.

“We hoping that this trend will continue and our law enforcement efforts remain focused on buckling as well as speed, drunken driving and fatigue management” Dube added.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Ilmainen www-laskuri