Thursday, April 03, 2014

Alleged mineworker vehicle set alight for not participating in strike

Oscar Thomas
03 April 2014

Rustenberg Police said a 38-year-old man was attacked at his home in Mfidikwe Village allegedly by members of the Associctaion of Mineworkers and Construction Union.

Police believe he was attacked because he has not joined the strike by mineworkers demanding R12 500 increase.

Police Spokesperson Colonel Emelda Setlhako said It is alleged that a vehicle of a 38 year old man was set alight in Thekwane Village in Rustenberg . The victim is allegedly employed at  Siphumele mine 1.

“According to the information the victim was asleep at his place when he realised his vehicle was on fire. Neighbours managed to extinguish the fire but the vehicle had already been damaged,” Setlhako added.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Ilmainen www-laskuri