17 April 2014
Western Cape MEC of Transport and Public
Works Robin Carlisle together with the Safely Home and Provincial Traffic Law
Enforcement on Thursday launched the Easter 2014 Provincial Traffic Operational
Ministerial Spokesperson Siphesihle Dube
said it is important that during this period motorists drive safely and arrive
Dube said the focus of the operation is to
ensure driver fitness, vehicle fitness, and compliance to safety, speed
enforcement and targeting dangerous behaviour by drivers as well as by
pedestrians. The operation will also
look at load management.
Dube concluded that they are looking at ensuring
that they have lower fatalities than they had last year at this time. They have
been lucky to enjoy a decrease in fatalities. Last year fatalities went down by
30 percent. Through these efforts hopefully there will be no fatalities.
Labels: Traffic Operational Plan launched