CPUT fees must fall starts

Melon Radebe
20 October 2015


Students at the Cape Peninsula University of Technology protested at the Cape Town campus.

The institution wants to increase the fees by 10% and the students are against this fee hike.

The protested with students sitting at the piazza, refusing to attend class.

The students moved from every entrance at the Cape Town campus. They made their way to other campuses including the Health and Wellness and to the Roeland campus where the back door was vandalised.

“We are saying it is unjustifiable because of the services that we are getting in this institution that we are getting at this institution particularly hasn’t increased.” SASCO member Buyile Matiwane said.

DASO, SASCO, PASMA, EFF members all joined the protest.


“I’m from a disadvantaged background disadvantage background and I cannot even pay the registration fee because I’m, not working and my parents are not working. I’m fighting for my right which is a right to free education.” Abonga a PASMA member said. 

Comments

Popular Posts