Friday, June 10, 2016

NPA Satisfied with sentencing of CT serial rapist

Leonie Pretorius
10 June 2016

The National Prosecuting Authority says a convicted serial rapist and murderer entered into a plea agreement because he realised evidence against him was too strong.

Yesterday, Khangayi Sedumedi was handed seven life sentences and an additional 40 years imprisonment.

The former security guard pleaded guilty to raping and killing four women and sexually assaulting three others near the Century City train station in Cape Town between 2011 and 2015.

The NPA’s Eric Ntabazalila said that It’s a very sad situation but they hope that the families will find some closure after this sentencing.

He says It’s a wound that will to be able to heal but as the NPA they did all they could to ensure a long sentence.

Sedumedi’s family were visibly distraught after he was sentenced by Western Cape Judge President John Hlope.


He was arrested last year, after the bodies of four women were found buried near the Century City Station.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Ilmainen www-laskuri