Wednesday, July 20, 2016

WC Health dept not suspending services despite attacks on paramedics

Natasha Mabuto

20 July 2016

The Western Cape Health Department says it won’t suspend paramedic services to crime hot spots, despite a spate of attacks on emergency crews.

This year so far, there have been more than 30 incidents in which paramedics have been attacked in Cape Town.

Earlier this week, two paramedics were ambushed while responding to an emergency in Blackheath.

One of them was stabbed.


Health MEC, Nomafrench Mbombo, says the department has allocated at least R185 million towards the protection of medical workers, patients and facilities.

No comments:

Police ministry provided update on 'Justice for Cwecwe'

Police Minister Senzo Mchunu gave an update on Friday on the case of a 7-year-old girl from the Eastern Cape who was reportedly raped at her...