Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Mossel Bay officials apply for funding after landslide

Leonie Pretorius
26 October 2016

The Mossel Bay Municipality says it is looking into ways to help residents of homes which were damaged in a landslide in Hartenbos.

Last month, the landslide caused structural damage to houses in the Seemeeu complex where at least 30 residents had to be evacuated.

Acting municipal manager Harry Hill says they are in the process of applying for funding from the national disaster committee.


He says One suggestion made by engineers is to build a wall there to stop landslides, but that could be a very costly option of R30 million at least.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Ilmainen www-laskuri