Winde suspends Madikizela over 'CV fraud'

Western Cape Premier Alan Winde has suspended Transport and Public Works MEC, Bonginkosi Madikizela for 14 days, with immediate effect, following an investigation about the MEC lying on his CV.

Winde met with Madikizela on Wednesday after the MEC listed a BCom degree on his CV. It's alleged that Madikizela lied about his qualifications.

‘’I met with Minister Madikizela yesterday (Wednesday) afternoon, where I raised my concerns with him and asked for an explanation. During that meeting I made clear that acting with integrity is non-negotiable to me, and to the people of the Western Cape. ‘’ said Premier Alan Winde.

‘’I also made clear that I believe in fairness and due process, where all the facts are properly considered.’’ He added.

Winde said that once he had all the facts, he would make a final decision regarding Madikizela and his role in the cabinet.

Human Settlements MEC, Tertius Simmers, is acting MEC of Transport and Public Works.




Done By: Mitchum George

Comments

Popular Posts