Monday, August 01, 2022

Three people arrested for the allegedly gunning down eight people in Gugulethu

Police arrested three suspects believed to have shot and killed eight people in Gugulethu last year.

Police spokesperson Novela Potelwa said that the investigation began after five people were shot dead at a traditional cleansing ceremony in NY 79 in Gugulethu on July 23, 2021, while three others were shot and wounded.

The alleged perpetrators Thabo Dyasi, Sivuyile Matoti and Lundi Zweni, known to be from Philippi East and Gugulethu, made a brief appeared in the Athlone Magistrate’s Court. Their cases were postponed until Tuesday for bail applications. They remain in custody.

Last month, investigating officers finally managed to track down the suspects, arresting two of them on July 20 and the third suspect on July 27 through a tracing operation.

“The determination of the investigators in solving the case and bringing the perpetrators to book is commended by the Western Cape SAPS management as part of ongoing efforts to root out criminality in local communities,” Potelwa said.


by Everngelista Muza

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Ilmainen www-laskuri