Monday, October 17, 2011

Four year driver’s license proposal to be discussed

Lusanda Bill
17 October 2011


The process of applying for a driver's licence could take up to four years if a new proposal by the Transport Department is given the go ahead.

Department spokesperson, Logan Maistry, says there will be some significant changes to the current system, but repeated that these must still be properly discussed.

Maistry says the new system is aimed at reducing carnage on the roads.

Almost 20-thousand motorists have been arrested for driving under the influence of alcohol since October last year.

No comments:

Belvile Library fully operational again

Good news for library patrons attending in Bellville The City of Cape Town announced that the facility has resumed its normal operations aft...