Four suspects behind Cape Town train station blaze
In the recent mayhem of the train blaze at the Cape Town train station, which lead to the station closing down yesterday. This caused mayhem for commuters using the trains. Thursday evening Minister Fikile Mbalula visited the station to check the damage.
Earlier this Friday morning the Minister said the CCTV cameras have revealed the 4 perpetrators allegedly behind the attack. The blaze, which devastated two trains and 18 carriages, caused damage amounting to R61 million. Fikile Mbalula also said to the media “the suspects should be charged not only with arson but also with economic sabotage”. Authorities have been up in arms trying to locate the suspects but no arrests have been made yet.
The Cape Town Police have been doing all they can to apprehend the suspects which have not been named yet. Minister Mbalula said the authorities were intensifying efforts to protect rail infrastructure. This brazen attack has led to the rail way transport line to move slowly and that affecting most commuters who use the trains.
“Metrorail said early indications were that an accelerant was used in Thursday's arson attack”.