'Light spark' delays Deputy President's Q&A session

The National Assembly sitting which is scheduled to conduct questions for oral reply by the Deputy President, Paul Mashatile, on Thursday afternoon, was delayed due to a spark and smoke emanating from a light at one of the offices in the Goodhope Building, which houses the National Assembly Chamber.

PICTURE: Parliament

Parliament’s spokesperson, Moloto Mothapo said that a light capacitor caused the spark, whose smoke triggered the fire alarm within the building.

‘’The sitting had to be delayed as a precautionary measure to ensure safety of Members of Parliament and staff. The spark did not cause any fire and there was no immediate danger to the occupants of the building.’’

Mothapo said the House will resume once the fire alarms are deactivated.

Done by: Mitchum George


Popular Posts