Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Zuma’s accuser to go into witness protection

Reports indicate that the 31-year-old woman who has accused Jacob Zuma of rape is likely to be placed in the National Prosecuting Authority's witness protection programme once the trial ends. The Cape Times reports the woman has been protected by the police since she first lodged the complaint, as well as during the trial, and is not in formal NPA protective custody. Safety and Security Minister Charles Nqakula said her protection had been discussed with the national head of the witness protection unit. Her protection would be arranged in consultation with the woman once the case was finalized he said. Final arguments in the case are to be presented on Wednesday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Ilmainen www-laskuri