Sunday, March 26, 2006

Arrests in email saga expected soon

National police commissioner Jackie Selebi says those behind the hoax emails that suggested high profile ANC members were involved in a plot against former deputy president Jacob Zuma will be charged soon. At a media briefing in Pretoria yesterday Selebi confirmed that a complaint had been laid and police were investigating. Selebi said the hoaxes were dangerous mischief of the highest order that threatened among other the security of the state. This follows a report by Intelligence inspector general Zolile Ngcakani that found several civilians had been spied on by the National Intelligence Agency. They were businessman Saki Macozoma and a former journalist - probably former Mail & Guardian editor Anton Harber. According to the report DA leader Tony Leon escaped being spied on when the plans were uncovered.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Ilmainen www-laskuri