Saturday, May 27, 2006

SABC’s pulling of Mbeki documentary questioned

The Democratic Alliance and the Freedom of Expression Institute say the SABC should explain why it postponed a documentary on President Thabo Mbeki scheduled to be screened last week. The Institute says in a statement the decision to pull the documentary at the last minute implies self-censorship. It says it can hardly be coincidental that the most troubling editorial decisions the SABC has made recently relate to the controversies surrounding the President and the former and current deputy presidents. It concludes that any reasonable person would infer that the SABC is acting in this manner because it is pro-Thabo Mbeki and anti-Jacob Zuma.

No comments:

Drunk officer out on bail after he drove into a bus in Mitchell's Plain

A police sergeant was released on R1 000 bail after he drove into a bus in Mitchell’s Plain on Monday morning. SCREENSHOT Western Cape pol...