Tuesday, May 30, 2006
SAFA dimisses reports about the new coach
The South African Football Association's technical committee has dismissed reports that England’s Sven-Goran Eriksson is their number one choice as Bafana Bafana head coach. Committee chairperson Sturu Pasiya says that they have not offered Eriksson the job and were not interested in him. Weekend reports said that he had been offered 30-million rands per year to take over the job. The 7th of next month has been set as the new deadline to let the Safa executive know of their candidate. The names on the shortlist are Carlos Alberto Parreira, Luis Felipe Scolari, Gerrard Houllier, Claude Le Roy, Jomo Sono and Gordon Igesund.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Belvile Library fully operational again
Good news for library patrons attending in Bellville The City of Cape Town announced that the facility has resumed its normal operations aft...

-
A man suspected of killing and raping a number of members of the farm worker community in Philippi on the Cape Flats appears in a Cape Town ...
-
''Human behaviour is the main cause of wildfires.'' These remarks were made by the Western Cape’s Local Government, Environm...
No comments:
Post a Comment