Thursday, November 17, 2005
Veld fire causes another power cut in Cape Town
A veld fire appears to have caused the power outage that affected Cape Town this afternoon. A much larger blackout last week was apparently caused when one of the generators at Koeberg shut down, but Eskom says initial reports indicate that a fire near one of its substations caused today’s cuts. Eskom spokesperson Marcelle Adams said that it appeared that a fire at the Droërivier-Muldersvlei substation in the Western Cape caused a disruption to power lines. Adams says technicians are busy restoring power to affected areas.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Belvile Library fully operational again
Good news for library patrons attending in Bellville The City of Cape Town announced that the facility has resumed its normal operations aft...

-
A man suspected of killing and raping a number of members of the farm worker community in Philippi on the Cape Flats appears in a Cape Town ...
-
''Human behaviour is the main cause of wildfires.'' These remarks were made by the Western Cape’s Local Government, Environm...
No comments:
Post a Comment