Friday, February 17, 2006

Radebe takes hard line with bus owners

Transport Minister Jeff Radebe says bus operators cannot ignore the recent spate of bus accidents that have claimed many lives, including those of children. Radebe told delegates to the South African Bus Operators Association conference that failed brakes had been the main cause of the accidents. He said many of the buses involved in the accidents had been old and unroadworthy and owners would therefore be held responsible. Owners have an obligation to meet the relevant safety standards applicable to buses he said.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Ilmainen www-laskuri