Thursday, June 27, 2019

WRAP-UP BULLETIN 27 JUNE 2019

WRAP-UP BULLETIN 27 JUNE 2019

Auditor-General Kimi Makwetu said on Wednesday the collapse of VBS Mutual Bank was one of the reasons why service delivery would be affected for years to come. Makwetu said some municipalities in Limpopo and Gauteng invested funds that were earmarked for long-term projects with the bank. Delivering his 2017/2018 local government audit results on Wednesday, Makwetu said eight municipalities in Limpopo and two in Gauteng sent their money to VBS. “In Gauteng as well. There were two municipalities that put money into VBS. This would have an impact on longer term projects.” A Reserve Bank report, titled The Great Bank Heist, revealed that almost R2 billion was stolen over three years by 53 individuals, including executives and politicians.

The South African Human Rights Commission said that it would meet with former Bosasa executive Angelo Agrizzi on Thursday for a possible out of court settlement in his hate speech case ahead of their court appearance. The commission took Agrizzi to court after he was heard in a recording submitted to the Zondo Commission earlier this year using the k-word. According to IOL, The S-A-H-R-C’s spokesperson Buang Jones said they’ve submitted a proposed settlement to the clerk of the court. And they’ve asked for Mr Agrizzi to pay R200,000 to a charitable organisation that promotes social unity, justice and reconciliation in Alexandra. they’ve asked for the clerk of the court to refer this matter to the director of public prosecutions for possible proceedings and they’ve also asked for an apology from Mr Agrizzi.

Cape Argus readers once again came to the rescue of a person in distress, making it possible for Tezihano Mnyatsa, 13, to fulfil his ambition of playing in the chess championships in India. IOL Reports that Tezihano, of Leonsdale in Elsies River, was selected to take part in the Under-14 Commonwealth Chess Championships. He was supposed to leave for the tournament on Tuesday, but he was unable to raise enough money. Francesca Walker, ward councillor for the area said They were on the radio wednesday morning to talk about Tezihano. The great news is that he will be leaving on Friday to India. She said two businessmen donated money for Tezihano’s trip.

The National Union of Metalworkers of South Africa also known as Numsa on Thursday morning that had been expected to present a proposal to its members after a lengthy meeting with management at Lanx-ess Chrome Mine in the North West. EWN reports that, an estimated amount of 290 mineworkers were part of the sit-in over allegations of sexual harassment and the dismissal of 56 of their colleagues. Twelve workers had been taken hospitalised after the strike had started last week. Talks between unions and mine management broke down at the weekend. Numsa spokesperson Phaka-mile Hlubi-Majola said that no agreement had been signed yet.

IF YOU HAVE ANY NEWS YOU’D LIKE TO SHARE WITH US PLEASE CONTACT US ON news@bushradio.co.za

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Ilmainen www-laskuri