Friday, July 14, 2006

Toddler dies in Johannesburg shack fire

by Danika Marquis

A two-year-old girl burnt to death in a shack in Alexandra yesterday. The Emergency Management Services say the toddler dies after her mother left her in the shack with a paraffin stove on. The girl’s mother had apparently gone to visit neighbours at 8am. When she returned, the home the shack was already engulfed in flames. According to spokesperson Malcolm Midgeley, the shack had collapsed and the baby girl was already dead by the time the fire fighters arrived. Midgeley says the toddler’s death is the third shack-fire death in two days. As of yet, it is still unclear whether the mother will be charged.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Ilmainen www-laskuri