By Yamkela Xhaso
15 January
The culling of rabbits in Robben Island which ended on the 15th of December Last year is set to resume again this year.
Sean Davies from the Robben Island Museum says they are currently finalising some logistical issues before the culling can begin. He adds that the stakeholders that were involved last year will also be assisting them this year.
The culling has been taking place for six weeks before it ended last year to decrease the number of rabbits in Robben Island that are destroying vegetation.
“We have managed to euthanize just over 2 200 rabbits from the first of November until the 15th of December” said Davies
“And based on last year’s success rate it seems that we can have quite a successful period again”
Davies says the may actually start this Monday
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Police ministry provided update on 'Justice for Cwecwe'
Police Minister Senzo Mchunu gave an update on Friday on the case of a 7-year-old girl from the Eastern Cape who was reportedly raped at her...

-
A man suspected of killing and raping a number of members of the farm worker community in Philippi on the Cape Flats appears in a Cape Town ...
-
''Human behaviour is the main cause of wildfires.'' These remarks were made by the Western Cape’s Local Government, Environm...
No comments:
Post a Comment