Tuesday, April 05, 2016

Tokai murder accused apply for bail

Raymond Pani
05 April 2016

The four men charged with killing Franziska Blöchliger in the Tokai Forest in Cape Town, are expected to formally apply for bail in the Wynberg Magistrate's Court today.

The body of Blöchliger, 16, was found in Tokai Forest on March 7.

The teen had been robbed of her iPhone, watch, headset and diamond ring.

Prosecutor Kepler Uys said “at their first appearance that the accused were linked via witnesses and were found in possession of her belongings”.

During their second appearance last month, people in the courtroom spat, hissed and shouted at the four.

Uys said they had obtained bail information and would oppose bail for all four.

The defence had raised concerns about accused number four facing all charges.

He was initially arrested on a charge of possession of suspected stolen property.

However, Magistrate Hafiza Mohamed said “he could not be excluded from the crime of murder and rape”.

He confirmed that all four faced charges of murder, rape and robbery with aggravating circumstances.

Following Blöchliger's murder her father announced on Facebook that the family was leaving South Africa to find inner peace.



Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Ilmainen www-laskuri