Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Wesbank High investigation continues

By Tando Mfengwana
07 February 2007

One out of the 50 Grade 11 pupils at Wesbank High who failed last year's exam were allowed to advance to Grade 12, following an investigation into irregularities by an education official.

The Department of Education conducted individual assessments of the pupils, and found that 49 pupils had not met the requirements to advance to matric.

The 50 pupils, who had failed their end of year exams, were allowed to advance, after a senior education official agreed to their principal’s request to pass them.

The pupils protested after the department told them that they would have to re-do Grade 11.

Gert Witbooi, spokesperson for Education MEC Cameron Dugmore, said that they are still in the process of setting up a task team to improve results at the school.

The official was subsequently suspended.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Ilmainen www-laskuri