Heideveld Community Day Centre evacuates patients after a generator exploded

 

Patients at the Heideveld Community Day Centre have been evacuated after a generator exploded yesterday.

According to the Western Cape Department of Health spokesperson Monique Johnstone, no patients or staff were harmed, and all patients have been moved to the Heideveld Emergency Centre.

She added that firefighters extinguished the fire, and that the department is working to restore power to the clinic.

Patients have been requested to only access emergency services at the clinic until power is restored or to visit the Hanover Park CDC or Dr Abdurahman CDC.


Done by: Sibulele Stuurman

Comments

Popular Posts