Sunday, March 31, 2013

SANDF awaiting orders to go to DRC

Athenkosi Mvane
31 March 2013


The SA National Defence Force on Friday said it had not yet received a request from the United Nations about the possibility of South Africa deploying soldiers to the Democratic Republic of Congo.

Spokesperson for the defence force, Xolani Mabanga, said if the UN had passed a resolution to that effect, soldiers would wait until they had been given word on whether to go on not to go from the Government.

Mabanga nothing has yet been communicated regarding the UN’s consent about a special force to be deployed.

Mabanga said that the resolution of the UN security council was passed on Friday.

“As of now, the SANDF has not received any instruction, we are awaiting further guidelines from the government authorities” Mabanga added.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Ilmainen www-laskuri