Monday, August 20, 2007

SACP responds to theft allegations

By Rhodé Marshall
20 August 2007

The South African Communist Party has taken the allegations that money donated to the party had been stolen very seriously.

The party allegedly received a cash donation of R500 000 from Charles Modise which they insist they have no knowledge of.

“I have never received the alleged R500 000 from any person as has been reported,” says SACP Secretary General, Blade Nzimande.

He says the allegations made against the party is part of a smear campaign.

“It is primarily directed at discrediting the image and reputation of the SACP and also to tarnish my image and integrity,” says Nzimande.

Nzimande added that he sees the reports about the theft as laughable and ridiculous as there are no records to back up the claims made.

“How come a complaint is laid against me, by a person who never gave the money? Someone I have never met in my life,” says Nzimande.

The allegations made against Nzimande and the SACP are still being investigated.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Ilmainen www-laskuri