Matriculants sigh in relief

By Tina George
29 December 2007

Many matric pupils long wait of anxiety and fear has finally come to an end as the final year end results have been released.

The Western Cape Education Department is pleased with the steady growth in the number of candidates who passed, from 33,316 last year to 33,787 this year – an increase of 471.

Bush Radio’s news team found out by some matric pupils how they feel about their results:

“I’m over the moon because I’m finally finished with school, I can’t even explain how I feel now, 12 years of school is now over. No more waking up early for school, I just feel relieved and we can go onto the next phase of our lives,” says Hadley Erasmus.”

“It’s such a relief to get the results because they were much better than anyone expected and everybody did so well and it’s so exciting that our school career has ended and we are going to start a whole new life,” says Katherine De bruin.

“I feel overwhelmed and excited that I’m not going to be at school anymore. My results are actually what I expected so I feel more relieved now and I can enjoy my holiday further,” says Chad Stevens.”

“I’m so relieved and glad that it’s all over and I’m very excited for the new year,” says Robyn-lee Malan.

“I feel happy, I feel great. I’ve got this happiness inside of me and it doesn’t want to end. I was so worried whether or not I was going to pass or fail and now that I know everything is over and done and that I passed, I’m extremely happy,” says Guzaipha Majiet.

Comments

Popular Posts