Tuesday, December 18, 2012

89 people killed on WC roads since the start of December

Lusanda Bill
18 December 2012

Western Cape Transport MEC Robin Carlisle has revealed that from the 1st to the 16th of December 2012, 89 people have been killed on the provincial roads compared to 66 people killed on the provincial roads in 2011.

Carlisle spokesperson Sipheshile Dube said of the 89 fatalities, 37 had been passengers, 31 pedestrians, 16 drivers, three motorcyclists and two cyclists.

Dube said roadblocks over the past weekend saw 65 percent of motorists and 83 percent of backseat passengers were not buckled up.

MEC Carlisle also said fatigue has played a major role in the accidents that have taken place on the provincial roads.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Ilmainen www-laskuri