Mass thikr for Emaan Solomons

After the death of a 7-year-old girl who was shot during gang crossfire in Ocean View, the Ocean View community stood together and had a peaceful protest at the entrance where the children shouted “Stop killing us.” At just around 8pm last night they held a Mass Prayer in front of young Emaan’s Solomons house which led to people targeting and petrol bombing 5 drug dens in Ocean View. People retaliated as a result of the houses being set alight. Groups of people then decided to started looting shops.
Not to long after the shops were looted a voice note surfaced to Ocean View residents to stay indoors.

Two suspects have been arrested in connection with the death of seven-year-old Emaan Solomons from Ocean View. Radio 786 can reveal that one of them is being linked to the murder of the child. The pair remain persons of interest and police detectives are working around the clock to charge the perpetrators. A firearm was also confiscated during the arrests. It is not known whether the weapon was used in the murder of the child who died while playing in the front courtyard of her home on Tuesday. Her burial takes place later today and members of the community gathered at her home yesterday to pay their condolences.

UPDATE: Ocean View

People Against Gangsterism and Drugs (PAGAD) has distanced itself from the violence in Ocean View yesterday where shops were looted and the houses of alleged gangsters set alight. It is understood that violence broke out late last night, after a peaceful picket was held early evening. A mass thikr was held in honour of 7-year-old Emaan Solomans who was shot and killed in gang-cross fire while playing in her yard. Police are yet to confirm the alleged arrest of at least two suspects in relation to her murder. National co-ordinator Haroon Orrie disputed that those responsible for the fires were part of the movement, saying members of the group that initiated the vigilantism were previously disbanded from PAGAD. Orrie says they will be meeting with the public this evening. Police continue to monitor the area.