Saturday, February 09, 2013

Fire leaves 18 displaced in Bontheuwel


Athenkosi Mvane
09 February 2013


Eighteen people were left homeless in Bonteheuwel yesterday, when a fire damaged two informal dwellings, Cape Town disaster risk management said.

Spokesperson Wilfred Solomons-Johannes said the fire was sparked by the illegal burning of copper wire.

Solomons-Johannes said that no one was reported to be injured, but the occupants lost all their personal belongings.

Solomons-Johannes said the sparks of the fire spread and resulted in two other structures being set alight.

“Disaster Risk Management assisted those affected by the fire with the necessary disaster relief aid” Solomons-Johannes added.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Ilmainen www-laskuri