Monday, December 30, 2013

WC death toll down by half

Mluleki Mrwebi
30 December 2013

The Western Cape Department of Transport says the committed of traffic officers on their job has seen a decrease in the number of passenger related deaths as compared to last year around this time.

Since the 1st of December 2013 till the 29th of December 2013, only 29 deaths compared to 59 deaths last.

Ministerial Spokesperson Siphesihle Dube said this was able with the launch of Safely Home “It Takes A Second to Save a Life”

Dube said in total about 124 people have lost their lives in the province’s roads compared to last year’s 149.

He added that what has become of serious concern is the death of pedestrians and up to so far 60 deaths have been recorded.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Ilmainen www-laskuri