Saturday, February 22, 2014

Dept Home of Affairs welcomed Dr Semogoma’s decision

Loyiso Langeni
22 February 2014

The Department of Home Affairs on Friday welcomed the decision by Ugandan National Dr Paul Semogoma to abandon his asylum application. 

The Minister of Home Affairs Naledi Pandor has granted Semogoma an exceptional skills work permit. 

The department said Dr Semogoma travelled from Zimbabwe to South Africa without proper immigration documents. 

Immigration officials at OR Tambo International Airport refused him entry to the country because his visitor’s visa had expired. 

Departmental Spokesperson Ronnie Mamoepa said the agreement of the parties is that Dr Semogama will withdraw all pending applications against the department

Dr Semugoma withdraws all pending applications against the department. Each party will pay their own costs. Dr Semugoma shall forthwith be permitted entry into the Republic of South Africa.

The Department has never before denied Dr. Semugoma the right to enter South Africa subject to full compliance with our country’s immigration laws as evidenced by the fact that he was previously granted a multiple visitor’s visa entry.

The Department will continue to ensure full compliance with provisions of the immigration Act 13 of 2002. 

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Ilmainen www-laskuri