Wednesday, June 30, 2010

England soccer fan admits guilt

By Khanyisa Tabata
30 June 2010


The National Prosecuting Authority says the charges against England soccer fan Pavlos Joseph were withdrawn after he paid a 750-Rands admission of guilt fine.

Joseph admitted that the had contravened Fifa regulations by entering the restricted area of the England team’s changing room at the Cape Town Stadium earlier this month without the required accreditation.

The case against the man accused of orchestrating the security breach, Daily Mirror reporter Simon Wright, has been postponed to the 7th of next month. Wright’s bail of three-thousand-Rands was extended.

NPA spokesperson Mthunzi Mhaga says he had made representations to the Director of Public Prosecutions in the Western Cape after which he paid an admission of guilt fine of R750.

The implication of this is that he now has a criminal record which will be registered in South African police register.

No comments:

Drunk officer out on bail after he drove into a bus in Mitchell's Plain

A police sergeant was released on R1 000 bail after he drove into a bus in Mitchell’s Plain on Monday morning. SCREENSHOT Western Cape pol...