Sunday, July 23, 2023

Case postponed for teenager who allegedly killed Naemma Marshall

A 14-year-old boy accused of shooting and killing 14-year-old Naeema Marshall appeared in the Blue Downs Magistrate’s court on Thursday, on a charge of murder and possession of an illegal firearm.

Marshall was shot and killed in New Forest Village, Eerste River on Monday afternoon. The girl from Beacon Valley, Mitchell’s Plain, was visiting her aunt at the time of the incident. Western Cape police said the Anti-Gang Unit has taken over the investigation.

PHOTO SUPPLIED


The case against the boy who cannot be named, as he is a minor, will return to court on 1 August, where he is set to apply for bail.

Western Cape Police Oversight & Community Safety MEC, Reagen Allen, described the killing of a 14-year-old in Eerste River as ‘’extremely upsetting’’. Allen previously said that whoever gave the teenager the gun should also be arrested and convicted.

 

Done By: Mitchum George

No comments:

Drunk officer out on bail after he drove into a bus in Mitchell's Plain

A police sergeant was released on R1 000 bail after he drove into a bus in Mitchell’s Plain on Monday morning. SCREENSHOT Western Cape pol...